Pages

Image Map
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary...

To 3rd LAR 1st platoon.

My husband, as most of you know, is a Marine combat veteran.  He was part of the invasion of Iraq in 2003.  They had to enter the country in hazmat suits not knowing what to expect. When we speak about that experience Brian says, "It was hot as balls!" Yup, that's my guy..

He is humble.

Today I receive a message from the guy that saved my husband's life.

Literally.

Brian is alive, well, a husband, and a daddy today, thanks to my husband's fellow Marine Juan.

The message was as follows...

"Hey max 
give Webber a hug and kiss for me
today is our anniversary ...
today, eight years ago we were ambushed." 

That was it. A short, and simple message filled with such complicated emotion.

I cried, looked at my daughter sleeping on the monitor, and prayed. 

Here is his platoon the day they returned alive and well from Iraq.
Brian is the one holding the beer second from the right on the bottom.


5 comments:

  1. Brian looks like such a baby!!

    And I am so thankful for his angel that saved him!

    Thank you Brian for your service - and for marrying such an awesome chick that got pregnant at the same time as me so we could become friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for his angel too, and yes, he is a total baby here!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very sweet message. Hope you both are blessed with love and togetherness always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was engaged to a marine once :) I'll have to do a post on that one sometime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max, this is such a touching story. You and your husband truly strong, brave and beautiful people through and through - this made me tear up. <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved.